As summer vacation is coming to a close, it’s time to post the results of my Finish it Up! goals.
My goal was to work on my IN PROGRESS/DUE projects and skip the LONG TERM and ON HOLD/IN LIMBO projects (which I described here).
IN PROGRESS/DUE (i.e. want to finish before September or sooner)
Arcadian Meadow (throw quilt):finished!
- County Picnic (picnic quilt): no progress; waiting until I get my new sewing table at the end of September to finish quilting
- Knowledge, Faith, Nurture (potholders): no progress; must finish binding before preschool starts in September.
Bee Blocks (x3):finished!
- Hopscotch Patchwork (picnic/throw quilt): now quilting; I will finish before end of month
- Trudy Tres (throw quilt): no progress; will complete before end of year
It doesn’t look like I worked on much this summer, does it? Only TWO finishes?!? This list is deceptive. Despite trying to focus on my current WIPs this summer, I still managed to start new projects and create even more WIPs (total now at 14!).
I’m a strange soul. I don’t like to be told what to do, even when it is *me* telling me what to do. That doesn’t even make sense, does it? I generally work when inspiration or motivation strikes.
So, what new things did I start?
- Apples Squared: a DallasMQG challenge mini quilt (status: making blocks, backing complete; due: September)
- Liberty Stars (thumbnail right): a twin size quilt that I’ll donate to the elementary school’s silent auction (status: have made 30+ blocks, need 48; due: November)
- Pocket Pixies Apple Core: nap quilt for Tessa (status: die-cut pieces cut out; due: August 2012)
- Raw Edge Apple Core Tester: to make before Tessa’s nap quilt to figure out technique (status: die-cut pieces cut out)
In addition to these, I need to start a few more quilts in the very near future.
- Baby quilt (fabric TBD): for J’s co-worker; baby was born today! (due: ASAP)
- Rainbow Squares: commission throw-sized quilt (status: design determined; due: November)
- Rainbow Circles: commission throw-sized quilt (status: design determined; due: November)
- Blue + Green: commission throw-sized quilt (status: design determined; due: November)
I am afraid that my WIP list is going to continue to grow instead of shrink. Eek!