The first floor “finish-out” is done and it’s ready to be carried upstairs! The play room where it will end up inside is fairly small, so I took pictures of it outside.
I have no idea how much it weighs, but I don’t think it’s going to be easy to take it up a flight of stairs and through a bedroom. Wish us luck!
There are still a few more things I want to add to this level:
- family room: fireplace heart and mantel
- front porch: wall mounted mailbox, sconce light, front steps with brick
A lesson learned from the build out of the first floor: I was set on creating the look of wall paper by using wrapping paper on the walls. I thought that would be a great way to add some pattern and interest to the interior of the house. While the concept is decent, the execution was terrible. At first I tried using Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the walls. The wrapping paper immediately became a warped mess (the paper needed to be thicker to use a liquid adhesive). I ended up using roll on double sided tape, like used for scrapbooking. Some of the walls look ok, but on others, the paper is noticeably wrinkly and/or not flat. The walls were the issues happened are where the paper isn’t just a rectangle but an odd shape instead. I had apply/remove/apply the paper there because I didn’t get the placement right the first try. Now that the “wall paper” I don’t think it’s going to hold up over time. I’m not surprised my “wall paper” didn’t turn out like I wanted, just disappointed.